NEWS & EVENTS
- Culinary Academy for Kids - 31.07-11.08. HRC Culinary Academy opens its doors for young chefs from 6 to 12 years. Every weekday from July 31 to August 11, kids will cook with the HRC Culinary Academy Chefs. The recipes are suitable for children, and the focus of the cooking classes will be healthy food.
- Scholarship Competition - Autumn 2017 Our competition for a special scholarship of up to 2000 EUR is now open!
You can submit your application not later than August 31, 2017.
The theme of the contest is 'Zero Waste Cooking'.
- Ninth graders cooking at the HRC Culinary Academy Eleven Ninth Graders will have the unique chance to get a short training at the HRC Culinary Academy on 23 June. These young chefs-to-be are studying in the vocational high schools of tourism in Pernik, Stara Zagora, Burgas and Dobrich. They are the finalists in the student culinary contest “I am the best chef ever!”, organized by the Culinary Academy of the Swiss Educational Group (SEG), which provides the prizes and the DOMINO Project.
- National Culinary Cup of Bulgaria 2017 – Golden medals for the HRC Academy Team HRC Culinary Academy with a golden team at the National Culinary Cup of Bulgaria 2017! Petio Stanishkov, Dicho Dichev and Aneliya Velyova won the Cup - Culinary Team of Bulgaria 2017.
- The Scholarship Contest – Culinary Arts Spring 2017 has a winner! After a long and fierce competition, we finally have the name of the winner in our contest for a special scholarship of up to 2000 EUR for education in our Culinary Arts degree.
After a thorough review of the applications, the jury members - Chef Henri Donneaux, Chef Hugues Boutin, Chef Milen Zlatev and Chef Viktor Svetoslavov awarded the scholarship to ...
- Pastry Workshop with chef Pavel Pavlov Тhe first workshop will be held in Sofia, where it has all started. The workshop will take place in the period April 6-8, 2017 with the help of Pavel’s first mentor chef Evgeni Filchev. The classes will last 3 days and will feature variety of desserts. Host of the course is HRC Culinary Academy.
- Dare to Cook – Open door days at HRC Culinary Academy We are happy to invite you to our new facility to cook with our chef instructors.
Our doors will be open for all candidates who have interest in continuing their education and career development in the Academy and we have prepared an exciting day with our chefs.
- Scholarship Competition Spring 2017 Our competition for a special scholarship of up to 2000 EUR is now open!
You can submit your application not later than February 28, 2017.
The theme of the competition is 'How to get kids eat more vegetables?'
- New Bachelor top up, available for HRC Culinary Academy students We are happy to announce a new collaboration between HRC Culinary Academy and VUZF І University of Finance, Business and Entrepreneurship in Sofia.
We joined efforts to provide a top-up Bachelor program in Management.
- HRC Culinary Academy collaborating with Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland, member of Swiss Education Group
HRC Culinary Academy and Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland have jointly formed a strategic partnership. The new partnership allows for HRC students to do a top up programme towards a Bachelor degree in Culinary Arts. The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Culinary Arts is granted by Culinary Arts Academy Switzerland and the University of Derby (UK).
- Grand Opening of the New Home of HRC Culinary Academy The new facility:
- over 2 years of renovation works.
- creating careers for 200 young aspiring chefs, half of which are from Bulgaria...
- The Scholarship Contest – Culinary Arts Autumn 2016 has a winner! After a long and fierce competition, we finally have the name of the winner in our contest for a special scholarship of up to 4000 EUR for education in our Culinary Arts degree. We hit a record number of participants from 11 different nationalities.
- New partnership and a selection of scholarships with a total value of over EUR 11.000 In our commitment to making our top notch education available for all, HRC Academy always goes the extra mile. We are extremely excited to announce the partnership between HRC and Edelweiss Gastro, making an attractive scholarship program available for some of our students.
- Our first special scholarship of € 2,000 for education in F&B Management Program is awarded to… Our first scholarship of € 2,000 for education in F&B Management Program is awarded to Anton Veldanov who beat the competition with his business plan for a healthy fast food restaurant.
- The Cook & Chef Institute and Bergner partnering with HRC Culinary Academy The Cook & Chef Institute Foundation is equipping HRC Culinary Academy with a selection of BERGNER products. In return, the Academy is going to contribute to the innovative technological development of thе brand through testing the equipment by teachers, chefs and students.
- Guest Chefs from UK visiting HRC Culinary Academy This week we had special guests from Zuma, ROKA and Oblix:
Chef Hamish Brown – Group Executive Chef for ROKA
Chef Julien Philippe – Group Pastry Chef for Zuma, ROKA and Oblix
Simon Dallyn – Global Recruitment Manager.
During the visit they made an awesome culinary demonstration ...
- Scholarship Competition Autumn 2016 Our competition for a special scholarship of up to 4000 EUR is now open!
You can submit your application until August 31, 2016.
- The Winner of the Competition for Culinary Ambassador of Bulgaria is… The Culinary Festival "Bulgaria welcomes the flavors of the world" started on the 12th of May in Stara Zagora and went through the cities of Burgas, Plovdiv, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse and Varna. The last stop of this culinary journey was Sofia on the 28th of May.
- Dare to Cook We are happy to invite you in our new facility to cook with HRC Academy`s Chefs.
In June we will open our doors for high-schools students and their teachers, to have an exciting day with our chefs. If you happen to be a culinary enthusiast considering education as a chef, but the high-school is way in the past for you, don`t worry you are also welcome to join!
- HRC Culinary Academy awards 4 young talents with special scholarships for the total amount of € 12 000 The most talented high-school students competing in the prestigious National Culinary Cup of Bulgaria 2016, which was held between 21st and 23rd of April in Plovdiv, were awarded with special scholarships, which will give them the chance to study in the best culinary academy in the country.
- On 3rd May We Start a New Food Photography & Styling Course Learn how to tell delicious stories with your camera in the period 03 - 16 May 2016. You can sign up until 1 May 2016 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 medals at the National Culinary Cup 2016 for the talents of HRC Culinary Academy This year's National Culinary Cup brought together talented chefs from across the country - a total of 12 teams and 19 individuals competed in the two major categories of National Culinary Cup of Bulgaria – the Best Culinary team of Bulgaria and the Best Chef for 2016, which was held between 21st and 23rd of April in Plovdiv. During the Culinary Cup the contestants competed in many other categories like the Best Pastry Chef, the Best Baker, the Pizza Master, the Best Bartender and the Best Waiter/Waitress.
- Check out, what the Bulgarian National Television`s cameras caught in the kitchen of our training restaurant ... HRC Culinary Academy is a co-organizer of the international culinary festival "Bulgaria welcomes the flavorс of the world." http://www.iknowbulgaria.bg/
- Bacchus Magazine and HRC Culinary Academy in search of “The Best young chef for 2015” and we found it! HRC Culinary Academy is the traditional partner of "Bacchus" magazine in the selection of the best young chef in the Restaurant of the Year competition.
After a tough competition, last night the winner was announced...
- The Scholarship Contest Spring 2016 has 2 winners! After a long and fierce competition, we finally have the winners from the Scholarship Contest 2016. It was extremely tight competition with very talented participants...
- In the Chefs` Kitchen A month ago Bacchus Magazine and HRC Culinary Academy started the search for “The Best young chef for 2015”. A lot of motivated and talented chefs entered the competition and now we cannot wait to find out who is going to take the prize.
- We are happy to share with you that HRC Culinary Academy is part of a very exciting and delicious project #IKnowBulgaria. We are one of the four organizers together with the Bulgarian Ministry of Tourism, GTC – Bulgaria and the International Women`s Club of Sofia
On 1st March 2016 together we open a new page in sharing and promoting Bulgaria’s beauty, authenticity and diversity with focus on our culinary tradition. How? We start a National Culinary Contest and we encourage you to join!
- The First Scholarship Competition for 2016 Is Now Over We would like to say big “THANK YOU!” to all of the participants, for their efforts, creativity, and enthusiasm!
- Is the next Jamie Oliver coming from Bulgaria? Frankfurter Allgemeine / English summary //
Edition: February 5, 2016
- Bacchus Magazine and HRC Culinary Academy in search of “The Best young chef for 2015” HRC Culinary Academy is the traditional partner of "Bacchus" magazine in the selection of the best young chef in the Restaurant of the Year competition.
- Guest Chef Roberto dal Seno at HRC Culinary Academy This week the spirit in HRC Culinary Academy is Italian with Chef Roberto dal Seno in our kitchen.
- Scholarship Competition Spring 2016 Our competition for a special scholarship of up to 4000 EUR is now open!
- Another successful year has passed Another successful year has passed and as ever we have been very busy.
Here is our year in review!
- For the 5th time now the Academy and the teaching restaurant Talents are taking part in the “Week of the author`s cuisine” of the Bacchus magazine - 19 - 25 October 2015 For the week of the author`s cuisine of the Bacchus magazine, the head chef of the teaching restaurant Talents - Milen Zlatev has prepared an unique own menu inspired by the French classical cuisine with elements from molecular cuisine.
- VENI VIDI VICI! Two of our 4th semester students won golden medals at the prestigious ACF Student Competition - Vladimir Todorov and Viktorija Baltutyte.
- The winner of the Summer Scholarship Contest 2015 is … After a long and fierce competition, we finally have a winner from the Summer Scholarship Contest 2015. It was extremely tight competition, but there can be only one winner and his name is ...
- The Minister of Agriculture of the Netherlands and Her Delegation at HRC Culinary Academy Mrs. Sharon Dijksma the Minister of Agriculture of the Netherlands, H.E. Ambassador van Oorschot and an official delegation visited HRC Culinary Academy on 30 September.
- Talents Restaurant with New Autumn Menu With a new Chef and a new season coming, it is time for a new menu as well. The talented Chef Milen Zlatev has prepared a tempting menu for our teaching restaurant - Talents with seasonal products and unique combinations of flavors and fragrances.
- HRC Culinary Academy at the European Education Fair – Bulgaria 2015 HRC Culinary Academy will take part in the European Education Fair – Bulgaria 2015, which will take place in Sofia - 26-27 September 2015 at Marinela Hotel (Kempinski) and Plovdiv - 29 September 2015 at Novotel Hotel.
- Starting the New School Year at HRC Culinary Academy On 14th September we welcomed more than 50 students from 12 different nationalities to start their professional journey at HRC Culinary Academy.
- Welcome our new Chef Instructor, Hugues Boutin! With the beginning of the new school year we welcome on board a new Chef Instructor - Hugues Boutin. He is an extremely creative and positive individual with over 20 years of culinary experience.
- Our student at the Belcolade factory in Belgium Our student Magdalena Mihaylova was awarded with the exciting opportunity to train for four days at the Belcolade factory in Belgium during this year’s Reward program
- Scholarship contest This Summer HRC Culinary Academy gives you even more opportunities to win a scholarship for your studies in Culinary Arts for up to 2000 Euro per year*.
- Best Bulgarian Culinary Team for 2015 HRC Academy wins twice!
- Sugar artist Barbara Castiglione at the HRC Culinary Academy It was a great pleasure for us to host Chef Barbara Castiglione for a whole week at the Academy.
- Fasten your seatbelts Starting spring 2015 HRC Culinary Academy will teach out of Sofia. HRC Academy is opening a brand new 2 500 sq. m. training facility in the center of Sofia, on Tsar Boris 3 boulevard. For all your culinary inspiration: 6 fully equipped kitchen labs including a dedicated bakery kitchen and chocolate atelier, didactical wine cellar, multimedia lab and the biggest culinary library in Bulgaria and last, but not least, a 100-seat demonstration theatre which will be home to some of the best chefs worldwide.
- Emblematic Bulgarian chefs are guests of HRC Academy Petar Yorgov, the head chef of Di Wine restaurant and one of Varna's top chefs, together with our 3rd semester students, prepared a five course tasting menu for the dinner on the 27th of November, and impressed all the guests of the Talents.
- Bansko Food Festival 2014 Two of our best 3rd semester students Zhivko and Maria-Louiza had the chance to take part in the Bansko Food Festival 2014. They visited the 3 day seminars of the Cordon Bleu Chef Reginald Loos and demonstrator Pastry Chef Dimitris Chronopoulos and their participation did great credit to the Academy.
We wish them a successful graduation of the Academy and a lot of professional achievments.
- Graduation 2014 We are celebrating another generation of Graduates. With a lot of pride after the 2 years full of challenges and exploring the world of Culinary arts we are wishing good luck to Generation 2012.
- The New Semester at HRC Academy On 15 September in Dobrich we have welcomed 60 new students from Bulgaria, Ukraine, Lithuania, Russia, Ireland, Greece, Romania, India and Luxembourg.
His Excellency the ambassador of the Netherlands in Bulgaria Tom van Oorschot officially opened the new school year. He wished the students lots of success in the culinary profession.
- We won! It is an enormous pleasure and pride to share that we won the National Culinary Cup Bulgaria 2014!
- Accreditation by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission The education at HRC Culinary Academy was recognized by the American Culinary Federation as meeting the international standards for two-year culinary education
- HRC Academy students in a culinary TV show - II Student Angel Georgiev cooking with LeoAnother student of HRC Culinary Academy was a guest in the famous culinary TV Show in Bulgaria "Cooking with Leo", national TV channel TV7.
- Guest lecturers from Hotelschool Ter Duinen at HRC Culinary Academy Mr. Dries Cloet (chef) and Mr. Bart De Visscher (maître-sommelier) made their first journey to Bulgaria in order to work together with the students of HRC Culinary Academy for a week in June 2013
- Learn, work, travel and have fun HRC Culinary Academy internships
- HRC Academy students in a culinary TV show Two HRC Academy students have the opportunity this semester to become part of the famous culinary TV Show in Bulgaria "Cooking with Leo", national TV channel TV7.
- Chocolate time at Bulgarian Culinary Cup For a third year in a row HRC Culinary Academy takes part in the Bulgarian National Culinary Cup competition organized by the Bulgarian Association of Professional Chefs, WACS
- Talents in the heart of Bulgaria's capital Sofia Talents Sofia Opening
- HRC Academy at the finals in Spain For third consequent year HRC Culinary Academy is part of the Annual International Student Tapas Championship in Valladolid, Spain, represented by a team of student and chef instructor. The contest is part of the Spanish National Tapas competition, organized by the International School of Culinary Arts and aims to showcase students’ cooking talent on an individual basis. It is open to students of international culinary schools all over the world.
- HRC Academy at Bulgarian National Culinary Cup HRC Academy at the Bulgarian Culinary Cup'2012A creative chocolate sculpture and a chocolate tear presented the Academy team in the Pastry section of the National competition
- European Day of Healthy Food and Cooking with Children Healthy Food and Cooking with ChildrenFor a 5th consecutive year HRC Culinary Academy takes part of the European day of healthy food and cooking with children, organized by Euro-Toques Bulgaria and European Commission Representation in Bulgaria